Monday Cleaning at the Molehill

So a couple of weeks back I shared my Weekly Home Cleaning Schedule Printable. I've found that if I do ALL the cleaning in one day I am actually less likely to do it, because blurgh, who on earth wants to clean top to bottom in ONE DAY! It's a total mind fuckuck.

So I set up this routine to try (yes try, because pftt let's be serious here) to keep on top of the household chores. Now obviously this printable does not include the things that you should be doing on the daily, like wiping the kitchen bench and doing the dishes. So do those at your total leisure, like next week, when there is no more room in the sink. I KID, please don't do that. 



So Monday at the Molehill is Bedroom day. 
This is where I will strip all the bed sheets (you dirty, dirty sheets) and get them all in the wash. Let the beds air for a little with the windows and blinds open to let the sun kill any beautiful bugs hiding out and the wack some sexy fresh sheets back on. And if fresh bed sheets aren't a guilty pleasure, what are you even doing! There is nothing like a freshly made bed. 



After that, we do a quick tidy of the bedroom floors. The kids' room is normally covered in books from the bookshelf or random toys that have fallen off the bed. Now I'm a bedroom party pooper. My kids have a playroom, so I don't like the kids having 50,000 toys in their bedroom, because they have a playroom for that crap. Miss A5 has a love of toys to go to sleep with, she likes to set them up on her bedside table for their bedtime, so I allow this little obsession. However, the rest of the toys are out.  

So once the floors are tidy, I zoom around with the vacuum and that is it. WE ARE DONE for a Monday. 
If you want the job to take 10 times longer, but want to instil some independence in your littlies, delegate! Get them to clean the floor and vacuum, AND don't you tell me they're too little (unless they can't walk, then you are forgiven).



Master A2 loves, and I mean LOVES, to vacuum. We have a little cordless stick vacuum which he zooms around the house with, collecting all the dog hair. Do they do a great job? Of course not, you'll have to go back over it later, but that is not the point. The point is that they learn to do these things so they can be independent grown-ups. Plus these jobs are considered "Big Jobs" on Miss A5's rewards system, which I will share at a later date. Delegate ladies, it's a good energy and mental saver.




Comments